What is a smartphone?
A smartphone is a mobile or cellular phone that runs off a mobile operating system (OS) and functions like a mini computer.It has more advanced features, including web browsing, software applications, and a mobile OS.
In turn, a smartphone also offers capabilities such as support for biometrics, video chatting, digital assistants and much more. Generally, the majority of these devices run on any of these popular mobile operating systems: Android, Symbian, iOS, BlackBerry OS and Windows Mobile.
Moreover, It is expected to have a more powerful CPU, more storage space, more RAM, greater connectivity options and a larger screen than a regular cell phone. Also, high-end smartphones allow you to play 3D games, browse the Web, update your Facebook account, call, and text much longer than you used to.
There are thousands of smartphone apps (software programs), including games, personal-use, and business-use programs that can all run on the phone. Moreover, the picture is an example of the Apple iPhone, one of the most popular smartphones available today.
You can get clean and clear Ideas now about – What is a smartphone?
Smartphones are Designed with feature and capabilities; it’s hard to justify them as just a Mobile phone. I will include a list of the most popular features of a smartphone.
- Make and receive phone calls text messages.
- Take, watch, and save pictures and video.
- Browse the Internet and send and receive e-mail/SMS/MMS.
- GPS location tracker capability for location and navigation.
- Record, play and enjoy audio and music.
- Display time and date and other time functions such as alarm clock, stopwatch, and timer, Reminder, Save events etc.
- Display weather and temperature information.
- Voice dictation and take and save notes.
- Virtual assistant using s-voice, Siri, Google Voice Search, or Cortana.
- Access utilities such as a flashlight, e-book reader, and calculator, Hangouts, Google Drive, Play store, One notes, Onedrive, google maps etc.
Also, with a smartphone, you can easily download, save and install other necessary apps and games if you need.